5R Tour of Ann Arbor
GLGI Monthly Conversation
5R Tour - Ride, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Recharge
Train to Ann Arbor
Amtrak to Ann Arbor - 353 Wolverine (costs $11 - $15 each way)
- Possible stations:
- Birmingham: departs at 11:18am
- Royal Oak: departs 11:25am
- Dearborn: departs 12:13pm...for our westside group
- Reserve your tickets at Amtrak you can pay on board
- Pack your lunch to eat on the trip
- People encouraged to take public transportation to the Amtrak stops if practical
- Train arrives in AA at 12:56pm
Ann Arbor 5R Tour
RIDE - The Ride is the AA bus system that we'll use to get around Ann Arbor ($1.00/trip, $4.00 total)
- Mobile RideTrak: we'll be checking the time schedule of our buses using our cell phones
REDUCE - Environmental House - Ann Arbor 2420 South Industrial Highway
- purpose to increase consumer and industry awareness of and improve standards and practices relating to indoor air quality, effective energy use, and resource use in new and existing buildings.
- provides free consulting services on construction and home improvement projects, indoor air quality issues, and material selection
REUSE - Reuse Center - Ann Arbor 2420 South Industrial Highway
- accepts donations of reusable household goods, office supplies, and building materials that it resells to the general public at affordable prices.
- has a collectors corner, which displays the latest findings
RECYCLE - Ann Arbor Recycling Center - Ellsworth Road
- a 400 acre site managed for the disposal, recovery, and processing of Ann Arbor's garbage, recyclables, and compost. In addition, the RRC is home to Ann Arbor's closed landfill.
- education links, home toxics links, donation center links
RECHARGE - Leopold Bros. Pub - 523 S. Main St 734.747.9806
- 5:00pm reservations
- Grandsons of environmental visionary Aldo Leopold
- Micro distillery and Micro brewery
- Zero waste production processes...read more about their approach to sustainable brewing.
Train Return Home
Amtrak Train: 352 Wolverine
- departs AA at 6:47pm
- Dearborn, you should arrive at 7:22pm
- Royal Oak, you should arrive at 8:10pm
- Birmingham, you should arrive at 8:17pm
Pictures from the day....