What Matters Most
Here are the top 5 things you can do that will make the biggest difference in the area of environmental justice:
- Cultivate a more intimate connection with Earth and a reverential concern for nature.
- Pursue actions that reflect concern for justice and equity in the use of the world's resources.
- Use consumption and investing politically by boycotting the goods and services of companies whose actions or policies you consider unethical.
- Take part in creating new forms of community such as co-housing and eco-villages.
- Move from power to partnership in gender relations.
Environmental Justice in Detroit
Did You Know...
- Miniature earth If the earth's population were only 100, this site looks at how our assets would be distributed.
- Growing Hope
- Green For All- an important new campaign working to bring “green collar” jobs to urban areas, launched at the Clinton Global Initiative in New York on September 26, 2007.
- Sustainable South Bronx, an organization dedicated to holistic community development, sponsoring projects that create jobs, protect the environment and bring beautiful green space to the inner city.
- Ethical Traveler
- Earth Justice Law firms defending the rights of all people to a healthy environment
- Architecture for Humanity will be opening a new website called Open Architecture Network, which will serve as a gathering place for community designers and all those interested in improving the built environment, using open source technology.
- Make Food Not War highlights the importance of sustainable food systems, food access, and a shared culture of food in conflict prevention and resolution. Associated with the Slow Food movement.
- Explore the thoughts of John Rawls and Jean-Jacques Rousseau.